An intriguing tasty roll that is presented here with a typical filling but you can use vegetables, or gorgonzola, or ham, or anchovies, or any pizza dressing instead …
It has a different than usual processing because it is worked with a dough richer in water and on a pastry board and rolling pin wet with water and not with flour.
I deliberately omit the quantities because the beauty of this recipe is the” filling as you wish”. The strp-by-step procedure instead will give quantities when needed.
– Pizza dough. I will assume that you have already prepared a highly hydrated pizza dough (20% more water in the dough).
– thinly sliced pepperoni, the slice must be pliable.
– provolone, mild one. Alternatively pressed Asiago pressed. Unfortunately, mozzarella would release water and would be detrimental to the roll.
- prepare the pizza dough with 20% more water and let it rise as usual.
- at the end of rising, wet the pastry board and you fingers, pour the dough over the pastry board and split it into the usual dough balls for a 30cm pizza.
- Split the dough ball in two
- wet again the pastry board and the rolling pin to roll out the hal dough ball to form a strip of about 35cm. It does not need to be regular in shape (see picture).
- place 6 slices of pepperoni and add mild provolone (or asiago) in thin slices.
- wet your fingers and with the help of the tarot roll up the strip on itself. Close both sides and seal them.
- place the rolls on a dripping pan (sprinkled with flour or parchment paper)
- let it rise in a oven at 40° C for 30′, static heat
- remove the dripping pan with rolls, heat the oven to 220°C. In the meantime, brush each roll with oil suitable for 220°C. Add to the rolls surface a three-millimeter layer of tomato sauce. The parially caramelised tomato sauce will bring a particular taste to each bite.
- bake 15′ at 220°C and crunchy, soft and tasty rolls are ready. Let them rest 5′ before serving.
3 pensieri riguardo “Pepperoni pizza roll”
Grazie, gentilissimo da parte tua
"Mi piace""Mi piace"
Yum this looks delicious!
"Mi piace""Mi piace"